Sunday, April 5

Melted Bliss: Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake






(Recipe was taken from 80 Breakfasts and attributed to Nigella Lawson.) I woke up early today and thought of baking this cake which I read at 80 Breakfasts. I melted the chocolate, added it to the creamed butter and proceeded to make a liquefied batter (with flour and water). Baked it and I got myself (and the family) a chocolate cake for breakfast! It was delicious but....very rich chocolate taste! Turned out, I melted more chocolate chips than called for in the recipe (at 6 a.m., I couldn't convert properly my grams into ounces and cups).

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow, chocolate cake for breakfast! Why not. It will be a hyper morning I guess. Sugar high. :D

LYNN

raquel said...

miriam: pareho nga! of course, i probably would have eaten your chocolate loaf without sharing with anybody...hehehe...sarap!

Oggi said...

For a splendid breakfast you can't go wrong with extra chocolate. Yummy!:)

JMom said...

Chocolate! the breakfast of champions :) Perfect!
JMom ~ Cooked from the Heart

agent112778 said...

ok lang na sobra sa chocolates we love that

my entry is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

 gmirage said...

I'm sure with such gooey and tasty chocolate cake for breakfast you were smiling brightly the whole day :) Yum!

www.kitchenmaus.gmirage.com

Jescel said...

it was a happy accident.. you can never go wrong with chocolate! i've tried this recipe too from nigela lawson. love her!

check out my entry.

Zeee said...

You can never go wrong with chocolate! Yummy!

ces said...

that looks so devilishly delicious!:)

Lory said...

like what my hubby says, there is never enough chocolate in any recipe calling for chocolates!

Post a Comment