Saturday, March 7

Bread-y Or Not: Honey Quick Bread




According to the Fannie Farmer Cookbook "quick breads are made without yeast from batters which require no kneading and do not have to rise before going into the oven." This appealed to me; I wanted to do a quick baking. For honey bread, I mixed the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients (which had honey as the star ingredient) and beat it thoroughly for 20 minutes. And then I baked it for 50 minutes. The result? Tasty and good with coffee.

13 comments:

ces said...

now that truly lives up to the title, huh? no waiting to rise time wasted!
spiCes

 gmirage said...

Oh, if only I am good at baking...haaay. Love how it perfectly looks! Enjoy your week!

--Kitchenmaus

iska said...

that is exactly what i am looking for... quick and easy baking recipe.

Unknown said...

perfect for coffee! i tried baking when i was a teenager, then decided it's for me.:D now i enjoy bread off-the-shelf.

Unknown said...

oh..it should read "it's not for me" haha

Zeee said...

Wow sarap! Quick nga!

Serving mine HERE

Lynn said...

I can try this on weekends for merienda. :)

raquel said...

yum! this should also be good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

agent112778 said...

now i know why it was called quick :D

my entry is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

TeacherJulie said...

Quick bread is exactly what I need to make and yours look yummy! Sarap!

My LaPiS:
http://treasurejar.info/2009/03/09/banana-oats-and-chocolate-chips/

Jescel said...

Quick bread indeed... how interesting!

Anonymous said...

Truly a perfect combo to coffee or a hot cocoa - yum! :)

JMom said...

I like the recipes from the Fanni Farmer cookbook too. They are easy to follow most of the time :)

Great looking bread!

JMom ~ Cooked from the Heart

Post a Comment